Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Yvonnemarc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Broken Kitchen Window

Yes it’s true. I was the recipient of a shattered kitchen window. I emailed Thor 2 weeks ago and in Thor fashion... no response. LOL. Like I expected anything else.
My suspicion is the kids next door but no cam to prove it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2628.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	18473

So plan “B”
I got a piece of acrylic from McMaster Carr ($42) and with some cutting from one of my techs (shout out to Tom) it’s installed.

Name:	IMG_2631.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	18474

Some issues along the way. Getting the old rubber adhesive off the mounting pieces... dremel and wire wheel. I used automotive 3M adhesive to mount the acrylic on the original mounting pieces. Getting the pieces out to clean them was a bit tricky. The vent from the stove is in the way to the right and the dining window to the left. Open the dining window to slide the top hinged piece to the left. (If you have to reinstall a new window and it’s mounted to the hinge you’d have to remove the dining window to slide it in)
When reinstalling the top hinge it’s held centered by two tiny screws that don’t allow it to slide right or left. But centered turned out to be 7/8” off center... thanks Thor. Luckily I figured it out before I mounted the acrylic to the adhesive. I let it set (open) for a day in the sun to help cure the adhesive. Our upcoming trip later this week will be the test. I’ll comment after I get back.

Name:	IMG_2632.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	18475

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum