Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #15
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
On my Vegas 24.1 I run the generator for A/C only when we have the Grandkids with us. If it just the 2 of us, dash A/C is good enough. Dog gets tethered to passenger seat pedestal. We will on occasion run generator for a bit prior to stopping to pre cool unit. when we are heading to single day race will exercise generator on way to track if unit has sat for 2 weeks.

In 3 years of ownership, we have 388 hours on generator. Had 74 hours when we purchased unit. I have a $320 Champion RV ready generator on racecar trailer that is used at track and it likely has upwards of 3000 hours by now. From inside RV it sounds same as internal Onan.

Realistically, the extra fuel use is negligible in grand scheme of things. I cannot see generator use being a major restriction unless crazy pricing, especially a rental in August.

Test everything completely and enjoy the trip and the experience.

Had we tested, we likely would gone larger. Once we learned how to apportion storage, we are very happy with size we have. We both quickly learned carrying 14 rolls of TP, 16 rolls of paper towels, enough dispoable plates and dinnerware for a couple decades everything fits great along with racecar stuff. That is another learning curve.

The ability to park virtualy anywhere and fuel at a regular pump is wonderful. Stopiing at rest stops for pup and having own restroom is really appreciated by the wife. The ability to use unit with slides in is a major plus.

Best of luck and enjoy the trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.