Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:13 AM   #1
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Question Has anyone added additional brake lights/turn signals to an Axis/Vegas MH?

I was quite surprised that my MH only has the two brake lights at the lower level, with no third brake light as we have become accustomed to for over three decades with our cars. I'm not comfortable with this when I'm hauling my bikes, but in doing a search, I find absolutely nothing on this subject.

When towing my two "cheaper" bikes without a bike cover on them, not a real problem. There is not much covering up the tail lights. However, once I put my good bikes on there with their completely opaque cover, much of the visibility is gone. I am either going to have to add a light bar to the bike rack itself or add lights to the MH itself that are above the level of the bikes.

Has anyone else here done anything like this and if so, can you point me to the thread(s) where it was discussed so I'm not reinventing the wheel? I'm totally OK with it plugging into the 7-pin connector as I do for my trailer when I haul that. I don't need (or really desire) to splice into the actual wiring of the MH, unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks for any advice.

t

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum