Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
AlmostRetired

Brand: DRV
Model: PS3 Elite
State: Minnesota
THOR #3564
Generator won’t charge batteries

I apologize if the answer lies within this forum. I searched for 20 minutes to avoid a redundant post.
I’m dry camping at a music festival for the next three days. The Onan will run everything just fine but it won’t charge the house batteries. I use a Yamaha 2k to keep the batteries charged since it sips fuel and it will charge the batteries so there is no urgent need for a remedy. The Magnum controller shows a fault warning but doesn’t get into detail. I did a soft reset on the inverter but no help. All breakers are fine except the washer/dryer circuit breaker won’t reset even with power off. I’m not planning on doing laundry while dry camping. Any ideas what may be preventing the gennie from charging the batteries? I just had the generator serviced and they replaced a circuit board for error code 14. Two weeks ago I was at another music festival dry camping and it started flashing 14 and shut off after a few minutes. Had a nice farmer camping next to me and he said to try loading the generator with both ACs and the water heater at start. Said they are meant to work hard and by golly, it fixed the 14 code. I called the service shop and the manual said to do the opposite and slowly add power. Didn’t work. Some more American heroes, Farmers! I have a 2016 ES 38PS3 with all the electronic safety options and AGS.
2013 HD Ultra Limited
AlmostRetired is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum