Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:12 AM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostRetired View Post
Thanks for your help. Seriously, I appreciate you. I’ve managed to go through life quite well even though I am the lowest common denominator in any group. What does the transfer switch look like? Single syllable words and/or pics are appreciated! Please type slowly...

I edited my post because when I re-read what you said I saw you did have AC power in your coach when the genny was running but the batteries weren’t charging. If you have some AC in the coach, the transfer switch is working.

After some more thought..... you might want to check the breaker for the converter. That should be in your breaker box.

The converter is what takes the AC and converts it to DC to run 12V accessories and charge the batteries when on shore power or generator power.

Perhaps when they were doing your generator work they switched off the converter breaker and never turned it back on?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum