Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:27 AM   #1
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
How to find the light switch on the Firefly wireless panels

I have read a couple different threads complaining about the flat firefly panels that turn on the lights. The issue is they aren't backlit so its very difficult to turn on the lights in the dark or for that matter, anytime.

Here is what I did with all the unlit light panels. I bought a small piece of thin black foam with sticky back tape on it. I cut it into about 1/2" by 1/4" pieces. I then peeled off the backer and stuck one on each panel over where that rooms light switch is. That way you just feel for the panel and then the raised foam. Bam, you found the light switch. Push on the foam and you have light!

This has made it so easy to turn on the lights in the dark or even in the daylight without having to look. Took our 9 year old grandson with us just recently and he asked where the light switch was. I had him close his eyes and I ran his hand over the switch. He felt the foam and pushed it. He never had any problems turning on the lights for the rest of our trip.

Hope this helps. Maybe others have come up with fixes.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum