Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 03:47 AM   #8
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
We paid $3500 to have our 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk set up in 2018.
Parts were $2800 and labor $700. This included a Roadmaster Baseplate, a Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar, RVi Brake portable braking system, and RVi Battery charger and installation and wiring for the brake and tail lights and the RVi charger wiring. Took them a day to do it. In typical Denver spring fashion (late April) we had snow the day I picked it up.

Then it cost me $600 and several weeks of waiting for the Jeep death wobble cable with installation. Jeep has finally got their act together and don’t require the cable starting with the 2019’s. But you still will need the battery charger as I believe that the power steering is still powered while towing. In hindsight I could have handled the installation myself.

Add another $100 or so for stuff like a tow bar cover, hitch riser and a couple of quiet hitch clamps. I also installed a switch inside the cabin so I don’t need to keep inserting and pulling the fuse. Say $4300 all in.
The InvsiBrake is supposed to charge the battery while towing. One of the highlighted features of InvsiBrake. Also, the manual does not mention having to pull a fuse for towing. I do however have to start the Jeep once every 24 hours, and run for a minimum of 60 seconds, to allow the Quadra-Lift air suspension system to adjust the ride height to compensate for temperature changes.

Once the installation is complete I plan to get some locking pins as well as a cover. I also want to get an extra driver's and passenger's side base plate arm. I saw a post where someone modified some arms to attach the Jeep tow hooks to so it would have the factory appearance when not being towed. I will probably have to call RoadMaster to get those and I'll get my neighbor to fire up his welder.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.