Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 08:35 PM   #19
Rosemary

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Fix for Sink Flooding Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
I started reading up quite a bit here and in other areas in order to prep for my first trip. Vehicle arrived and tried to get it aligned immediately. They did the cheap handling fix on the front sway bar but realized that the bolt on the back of the king pin was cross threaded (passenger side). Have an appointment at a Ford dealership to get that looked at in a week. Probably had some extra tire wear from the first trip.

There were a handful of issues and my wife was more upset that I was fixing things here and there during that first trip. The vehicle was transferred and sat at the RV dealer I purchased it from for about 3 weeks. Their little inspection didn't seem to catch anything except that the radio screen was broken already. They waited until the last minute to do this inspection as well.

Overall the first trip was still a success. First RV. Never owned a travel trailer or anything. Got to pick up my daughter from NC for the summer and take the whole family to Gatlinburg. Plan on doing some suspension / handling mods over the next year. Trip out there was easy, but when my wife was going to take over on the way back, it got a little windy.

Here are the list of problems I hope to get fixed and items that I fixed myself.

ISSUES

Sink drain plumbing gets messed up each time the slide goes out. Floods the inside of the RV. First time we noticed this I realized that BOTH ends of the drain tube were not connected at all. Thought we fixed it, but it popped out again. There's a lot of twisting going on when the slide moves in and out.

Opposite side of drain plumbing (closest to sink) leaks. It is the low point in the drain and despite the factory zip ties, it leaks.

King pin bolt stripped on passenger side.

Cracked radio screen

Reverse camera shows no input (aka just not working)

When the lights are on, the left camera is displayed permanently (as soon as you use the left turn signal)

Intermittent driver's turn signal light (you can see there is more tape on the wires around this socket than the passenger side like someone tried to do a quick fix)

Middle sidemarker on passenger side is dead.

Missing refrigerator locking pin (subbed in a bolt for the trip)

Missing screen door cover for door handles.

Workstation trim already cracked at time of delivery

Lower kitchen drawer rail was missing the retaining plastic piece... Ball bearings went everywhere and some were lost.

Lower slide trim pieces could use some extra adhesive. Loose.

Broken wood piece (cracked) inside lower drawer. Still holds the locking latch okay. (minor)

Seat swivel on passenger side missing rubber cover (minor)

FIXED DURING TRIP

Electric water heater. They tried to demo it so we wouldn't be surprised how hot it gets. Ran the kitchen sink, no dice, ran the bathroom sink for a bit and then turned it off. Was about to move on to something else in the demo when I asked if it got hot. Guy replied.... "uh yeah!" Ground wire was not plugged in. Not only that, they couldn't get the faceplate back into the electric water heater because of the plumbing. Door is still open because it is a tight fit. Didn't figure this out until I started poking around.

Added second drawer grabber to drawer under dinette. The cushion is too big (or the dinette isn't wide enough) and puts tons of pressure on it.

Outdoor kitchen fridge comes open easily while in transit. Added safety latch. Didn't want it burning out.

Door latch not working well (good thing I had some pliers, unfortunately didn't have big enough Allen wrenches... kind of fixed)

Almost all drawer locks were not aligned right in the kitchen. Replaced some, moved some, added child locks for a secondary precaution.

8 of 16 velcro patches for cushions on dream dinette were not in the right place. 1 of 16 had just come out completely. Adjusted so everything stayed in place properly.

12v passenger plug had a wire unplugged, cover wasn't connected to socket

Driver's side speaker had a wire unplugged

Mirror heater switch had a wire unplugged

Installed 1x 160w solar panel

Installed SnapPads

----------------------

I think I could deal with a lot of the issues as it did not kill our trip. However, my wife was getting on me for spending money. This is my second V10 vehicle ever. I was supposed to get rid of the first to get this... Haven't so far. Oops!

Already have our second trip planned for the week of the 4th of July.
You may want to contact Thor about the flooding issue in the kitchen. My dealership actually created a fix for that and let Thor know what they did. Thor supposedly liked it so much that they said they would do for all future rigs and would let other dealerships know how to replicate the fix. This was discovered on our rig before we picked it up and they fixed it for us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.