Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #1
Mygirlscats

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #2763
Battery flat - tech said ok?

Hi, we are on the Alaska Highway and our coach battery is giving us grief. Our 2016 Citation came with two flooded lead acid batteries when we bought it 3.5 years ago. We had them tested before leaving for our trip and were told they are operating at 90% and not to replace them. Sure enough, first night we boondocked (no lights, no fan, water pump only when needed) the battery was flat come morning. The generator wouldn’t crank over. I had to start the engine to start the genny to get enough power to bring in the two slides so we could drive!

I am planning to stop at the first opportunity to have the batteries replaced - but is there anything else I should be looking for, since the tech assured us the coach batteries are fine? I unplugged everything that could be unplugged (TVs etc in case they were drawing) turned off antenna etc. I considered using the “store “ switch but was worried the propane fridge wouldn’t cycle on and off without some battery for the control panel. If we drive or run the genny, the panel says it’s charging, and it will put the slides out after we stop but it reads dead within about six hours. Lights work but not enough juice to crank the genny or bring in a slide. Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.