Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #12
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBird View Post
I got a new house battery. The disconnect switch "clicks". I followed the noise and it's under the hood. I checked the output of the converter/charger and it was less than 1 volt. I looked at the breaker and it's not tripped. I looked in the fuse box and I realized that the board needs replacing. I think this is getting complicated. Any suggestions?

Hi. Well a 2008 Windsport probably has a BCC (battery Control Cabinet) made by RV Custom Products located in the engine compartment. If yes, that is where your coach and chassis battery latching relays are located and the emergency start interconnect relay as well. Plus for add "excitement" there is the 50 amp resettable circuit breaker that connects the converter (coach battery charger) to the coach batteries when the coach latching relay is on. But.....while I don't recognize your coach fuse panel, it looks to me like those two burnt fuse positions off to the side might be the reverse polarity fuses. They blow when someone tries to hook up the batteries to the converter in reverse polarity. If I am correct you will need to replace the fuses (in my ACE they are listed as 40 amp fuses) and you should also investigate if the fuse holders and surrounding circuit board are damaged also. You might get lucky and replacing the fuses......with correct polarity of converter to coach batteries.....will result in normal converter charging voltage to your coach batteries of 13.1 vdc or higher. The fuse board may spec the fuse size to use (may not be 40 amp like on my coach). Try that for starters and lets see how far that gets to solving your charging problems. Hopefully you have your own voltmeter.....it is essential for owning an RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.