Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #58
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I guess I am just a techie type, now that I have seen it, I just think it is awesimous. But agree not worth $8k more. Thus my dilemma

I mean you gain...
AGS which is great for camping, keeping coach cool, and boondocking.
Dimming of lights, Digital readouts AC temps, Voltage etc.
The remote switches that come off the wall
The phone app when you walk up to RV you can start turning lights and things on

Since I now know I can't have this installed in an older model, I will have to keep looking until one with Firefly falls within my opportunistic price range. I have actually quit looking at Winnebagos because they don't have anything like this in their similar models.
For what it's worth we bought a 2019 over a similarly priced 2018 with the same floor plan. The savings was not significant enough for that '18, so I negotiated an even better deal for the '19. That being said I really love the FireFly, and I'm really glad we have it. So if it's something you really like I say hold out until you find the deal you want on the model you like best.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.