Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 09:27 PM   #21
aznytfury

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey View Post
Yes, the MS2812 fits in exactly same spot, uses the same fasteners and exact same wiring.
The MS2812 insulation manual recommends adding a jumper wire from the used to unused (my Palazzo only uses one of the two available inverter circuits) hot and neutral 110 wiring lugs, but when I called Magnum, they said it's not nessesary, so I did not. And yes, everything worked perfectly afterwards without any changes and the Firefly panel reflected the new inverter model number.
I unplugged the coach, put it in Store mode, disconnected the Chassis batteries and disconnected the House batteries, all before swapping the inverter.
Did you have change any settings at all on the Firefly control panel? Or was it literally "plug and play"? Also curious about the battery charger capacity. I have a 2017 Aria 3901 with the ME2012 and am seriously considering the upgrade to the MS2812 (some electronics haven't worked on the modified sine wave inverter). I noticed the battery charger capacity is 125 amps on the MS2812 vs. the ME2012's 100 amp battery charger. That is great, but I also noticed there is a 100 amp charger connection breaker in the house battery compartment of the Aria 3901. Do you know if that will be an issue and I will have to upgrade that breaker (or if I can de-rate the charger to 100 amps in the Firefly configuration for the new MS2812 inverter?)

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum