Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Strange awning problem

Yesterday I backed the RV on my sloped driveway (but it was not straight back like I normally do....slight angle) .....plugged the RV in my 30 amp power and cracked the AC down. I figured I would do some work inside (never ending mods) but never got around to it (busy in the yard).

Well I had the awning out to keep the sun off that side of the RV but when I went back to the RV 3 hours later I could see water (from the AC unit) leaking out of the lower part of the awning (Motor area).

Well I didnt think to much of it until I tried to retract it and it didnt nothing (by then I had the AC off and un plugged). So I checked the fuse box under the bed and even the fuse relay at the battery...everything was fine.

I cranked up the Genny to see if that would give it more power. Nothing.

So then I pulled the switch out of the wall (one wire was off but it might have been loose and fell off when I pulled it out). Nothing.

I checked the 2 amp fuse behind the switch - it was fine. I even tested it with my multi meter to make sure 100%.

Then I got my latter out (good thing I was at home) and pushed a little on the awning some while my wife pushed the button. Nothing.

I wacked the motor on the down side with my hand. Nothing.

I went to the other side and wacked the motor then My wife said - "maybe its the the angle of the RV?" .....I said "Honey i had this awning out on our drive 100 times before and ever had a problem".....So I moved the RV a little to the right to change the angle.... And the Awning reacted like normal!

What in the heck is going on??

Loose wire? Water cause problem with motor? A sensor on the awning tell it was off angle too much?? Bad switch?

Now all I will think about when I deploy it "I sure hope this thing retracts again".

Any Ideas?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum