Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #24
D and C Kincaid

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Interesting that you used the normal pink antifreeze over Winter and normal city chlorinated water flush in Spring and you had the plastic cap go opaque white. Did you notice the color change shortly after doing the pink install last Fall?

I sent an inquiry to the maker of the Shurflo 255-313 water pump filter asking for feedback on why the plastic cap of their filter changes from clear to opaque white on RV's. I will share what they say....if I hear back.
Javelin, would be very interested in hearing if Shurflo responds. That is the filter that I use. As to the timeline, I always start the fall with a clear dome, start winterizing in October or there abouts, and as we winterize and de-winterize over the winter months (based on travels) the dome becomes more and more cloudy. We don't usually use fresh tank water during those months, so I don't bother with changing it. When I do the spring chlorination the dome has already become very opaque. I have never noticed a worsening during or after the spring chlorination. Of course as mentioned it is quite opaque by then, so I probably wouldn't be able to see any worsening. I change it after that, because after that time, we do use the fresh water tank a certain amount. The dome stays totally clear until we winterize again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum