Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 02:57 AM   #33
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Let me also add to washing, waxing and covering since you live in Texas. Covers are a PITA. If you are lucky enough to have a real RV garage you would have it made. Parking a non-painted gelcoat RV out in the sun you would have to keep using a professional buffer to keep up the finish. Lots of work. Continual work. Living in Socal when we had the gelcoat finish, I could finish buffing the shine back and watch it dull within weeks.
Indoor garage parking on far outskirts of Dallas is $150/mo inside the perimeter of city or close by $250 /month. I could pay someone to wax my RV twice a month for less than than and have it right next to my house.

My boats have all been gel coat. They sit in the sun while interior & inside have always been covered by very nice canvas. I have had 8 year old boats look newer than some that had a boat only two years because they never take care of the gel coat and leave it to the sun.

I do believe a cover for an RV may be a PITA. I have never done, but if I ever buy an RV and cover is is coming right after I buy insurance. They may them where you can go in and out without having to take off. so unless I am about to hit the road, my cover will always be on.

I do have question for you. Do you put any stock on a partial painted RV? Given you still have to protect the non painted portion does it make sense to go full paint or non paint at all? I am talking only about surface protection not aesthetics of how it may look.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum