Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #36
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Indoor garage parking on far outskirts of Dallas is $150/mo inside the perimeter of city or close by $250 /month. I could pay someone to wax my RV twice a month for less than than and have it right next to my house.

My boats have all been gel coat. They sit in the sun while interior & inside have always been covered by very nice canvas. I have had 8 year old boats look newer than some that had a boat only two years because they never take care of the gel coat and leave it to the sun.

I do believe a cover for an RV may be a PITA. I have never done, but if I ever buy an RV and cover is is coming right after I buy insurance. They may them where you can go in and out without having to take off. so unless I am about to hit the road, my cover will always be on.

I do have question for you. Do you put any stock on a partial painted RV? Given you still have to protect the non painted portion does it make sense to go full paint or non paint at all? I am talking only about surface protection not aesthetics of how it may look.
My answer to your question regarding partial paint/gelcoat. I can personally answer that I did not give this issue much thought, of course, with our first rig that had no paint, just stickers. I did give it thought when I saw that the front cap became completely dull within eight months and the stickers faded drastically. If you can handle the cost, full paint will handle age much better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum