Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:16 AM   #17
CyRE

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12613
This really works!

The measures I took in my first post didn't solve the problem. Heater worked fine on our house water supply, about 40-50 psi, but not on the RV pump. Flow was 1 gal per 1.5 minutes on the pump, which is rated 3.8 gal/min (SureFlo pump). I reasoned problem must be on the the intake side of the pump. Was able to remove intake filter on pump. It was packed with plastic shavings that appeared to be tank material. Replaced it and tried again and heater still wouldn't work (either wouldn't ignite or would shut off after a few seconds). I figured there must be more material blocking the outlet of the tank. Pulled the output tube off the tank, ran a few gallons out. Bingo, continuous hot water at > 1 gal/min. The might have come from city water somewhere that we used to fill the tank, but more likely during installation. It never really worked until today. From now on going to put a filter on the hose when I fill the tank. Saved myself a new unit and or pump. Do this before replacing your unit if you seem to have a similar problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum