Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #37
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
If you have someone the will wax your RV even ONCE a month for under $150 I think many would want the contact info...
32’ RV to wash/wax is $250 for me... that’s a private individual that does many in the area. Takes 3 people about half a day. I plan on twice a year..

To me the cover isn’t worth it... Don’t want the extra steps/time when I do want to use the rig... and others have found finish damage from the covers flapping in the wind.
Some like them... some don’t...
@gmc, to be clear I am not saying it will be worth, just saying IF I buy an RV, I will buy a cover. If it becomes a PITA I will stop. Reminds me of a solar heat cover that came with my pool, I got it used it few years and then gave it away.

The covers that I buy are usually very high end custom or at minimum semi custom fit so flapping in the wind is not something that I would expect to see to be an issue. My Yamaha OEM boat coat for 24 Limited is exact what I would want for my RV. I would use to protect from leaves and habitual hail that always hits us in Texas.

I would wax my RV myself and I would NOT need to do twice a month, but I was making a point that versus spending $2400/year for indoor storage, I could keep my boat adequately waxed whether I did it myself or aid someone. Even if $300/wax and I have the professionals do 3 times a year, I am way ahead of the game.

The point of all of this for me, is I want my RV at home, and I planning accordingly. I would only use the cover when regular use is not expected, leaves falling or inclement bad weather.

Related but off point, I have friends that when we take our boats off the water, then spend and extra hour and a half going by storage facility to store their boats while I go straight home and park my boat on it's spot. I never put my cover on it until next day or s as I like my boat to get full air 24 hours after use, their boats which are fairly new show signs of mildew from ironically being stored inside a facility with no air flow.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum