Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 06:05 AM   #47
Rysiek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
I used one roll of Dynamat in my Axis doghouse and the leftovers went to cover the firewall (after removing the carpet) on the driver side. But this would not help a lot. I was very disappointed. So, I purchased another roll of 3/5" thick soundproofing/fireproofing, self adhesing insulation by Elfin and one roll of Boom-Mat Under-Hood Thermal Acoustic Lining 3/4" thick. I used that for the hood and inside engine comparment. The other insulation was inserted inside the dashboard. I removed every piece of dashboard I could and packed every possible area with the insulation. Now, that did the trick. I was on the road yesterday for several hours and for the first time we were able to listen to the radio, have a normal voice conversation with the passenger and I could even hear my wife who was sitting in the back of the couch. What an incredible improvement. I will use the rest of the insulation in my front wheel bays. I highly reccomend insulating your rig as much as possible. You will enjoy driving the coach even more. Happy 4th!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum