Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #1
JimSpy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Question In The Market for a Backup Camera

Forgive me, I'm a complete rookie at this, but...I can't stand the backup camera system in my Gemini. It's barely useable in daylight, and a total mess in twilight or dark. So, I'm in the market for something better. I'm looking at RearViewSafety.com and it probably has what I want...but I'm not sure what I want! The main thing is a real good look at the rear, but if it has bells and whistles like a record function, forward- or side-facing cameras, what the heck. Looking at the back of my rig, the camera appears to be built into the body. Does that mean a wired system? And will I have to remove that wiring in order to install the new camera? Do I want to stay with the rearview mirror monitor, or get something dash-mounted? Questions, questions, so many questions... Feel free to steer me towards a good thread on this forum. I do learn quickly!
Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.