Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #12
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Not sure about a diagram telling you specifically on the RV, but...

From my experience, the lines are full length, one piece, going from pump system to the jacks.

You will have to crawl under there to look at each jack, this may need a separate floor jack and some kind of blocks for safety, you must follow the hydraulic lines to the jacks themselves and put a wrench on the fitting (right hand thread, righty tighty-lefty loosie).

**Do not use the RV's level system to lift and support for you to get under there to put a wrench on the fitting nut!! Safety first and you do not want the weight of the RV coming down upon you without jack stands, or wood blocks (not cinder blocks, they will crush).**

Then at the pump and reservoir unit, check hose connections there too.

A hydraulics schematic will only show that the lines terminate at the manifold, and the jacks themselves, not where they are physically located on your rig.
Got under there today....found all the lines. They seem all snug to the finger test. None are wet with fluid...no fluid on the jacks....seems ok. I let the engine run about 10 minutes and released the emergency brake and then brought the revs up to about 2000 while turning on the levelers. they cycled up and read ready....no timeout error. I dont think there are leaks and thinking the "timeout error" is nothing more than a little low voltage until you charge up the engine battery....chassis battery.. I think it's called.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.