Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #78
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
The motor home industry is hurting themselves in the long run.

Maybe there is enough money to be made right now that nobody cares about building a reputation based on delivering a great product. No industry can't thrive to its fullest when this many unhappy consumers gather around the water cooler and share complaints of shoddy workmanship and unfulfilled expectations.

While it might not be a severe blow to the industry, I know I will never buy a NEW coach. No way that I'm going to drop a couple hundred K just to spend the first year chasing down issues because the manufacture (whoever that may be) didn't do it right in the first place.

To be honest, I don't understanding how these companies are doing so well. I've been self employed my entire life and I know what it takes to build a successful business and then to keep it that way. Given what I've learned over the years, this RV industry is an anomaly that deviates from the standard rules of good business.

I personally would rather buy a 5-year old Newmar Vantana than to buy a brand new Thor Challenger 37tb. Both will be about the same money but the Newmar will be much nicer in every respect. And the kinks will have already been worked out for me.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum