Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #1621
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Here are a couple of "Mods" that I've been using recently (not really mods per se as nothing is modified):
  • For getting the safety chains hooked up on the dolly the Wife graciously decided to sacrifice an old yoga mat. Now I just throw the mat down on the ground and lay on that when hooking up the car to the dolly. Makes a world of difference not laying on the rocks, gravel, etc. Mat rolls up compact which takes very little space in the RV. (Also use it to kneel on when hooking/unhooking the waste tanks drain.)
  • I put a knife battery disconnect on the Bolt's 12V battery--have to disconnect it when towing. As a safety when the battery is disconnected I put about 4 rubber bands around the knife part just in case it inadvertently closes (hasn't yet but this is cheap insurance). The rubber bands will keep the knife from making contact and closing the circuit.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.