Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #82
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I am with you on this point. If RV industry wishes to market and sell only to do it yourselfers / handymen & women so be it. Too many customers have spent a good portions of their savings to learn the hard way. I have been fortunate to come across this site before buying. In a way it is blessing & curse because without the site; I would already have bought and RV. But as it is, I am learning all of the headaches and tribulations of front before I am on the road stranded with my family and with "Naut A Clue" ( my boat name by the way ) but I digress

The industry remind me of Harley Davidson before they went bankrupt, Only person that could really buy and ride Harleys where the biker mechanic types. When I bought my Harley, I didn't know flip but 1 down and 4 up, but with the dealership right around the corner from my house, the free beer anytime I want, the constant camaraderie to include for professionals with no beard and tattoo, along with a 7 years warranty for an extra $1,500 bucks was all I needed to make the plunge. I have had the bike 6 years and never had to use the warranty for anything.

There has to be a better way for the industry to learn that customer issues are real. GM Customer Support fixed my transmission in an out of warranty 2014 Camaro for $.25 cents on the dollar because common sense told them I could not have ruin the transmission with only 28,000 miles despite the 4 years having lapsed.

At current rate, when I do by an RV, if nothing goes wrong in first 2 years, I may have to return it as it may have been an anomaly defect where the percentages and lady luck played in my favor

Seriously? I think the vast majority of RV owners are happy with their purchase. Most of us have purchased several and probably wouldn’t have if the experience was all that terrible. Chose a good dealer, do a thorough PDI and enjoy the life.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum