Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #17
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
Thanks a lot. So I can leave the coach in use mode without being on shore power or genny for a day or so without fear of discharging my chassis battery? Thanks again
I would not, after my experience this past week. We left ours on accidentally but only for a couple of days. When I went out to work on something, the house batteries had drained down to the 3.something range! I could not turn the "Use/Store" button on or off, as there was not enough power to do so. Since the relays were tripped in the off position, plugging in to SP didn't charge the batteries; since the power was too low in the batteries, I could not start the generator! The ONLY thing that worked was to get out a battery charger and connect it to the batteries under the steps and recharge them over night. That worked (thankfully) and the batteries seem to be holding that charge, but this is not something you want to do very often if you expect your batteries to have any kind of lifetime. My new routine is to turn off the 12V when I leave the coach, no matter what, unless I'm plugged in to SP.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum