Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:15 AM   #77
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Under shore power, the voltage of the coach battery does not have to get up to 13.4V before the BIRD will open the Trombetta. The voltage from the converter/ charger just has to be above 13.1v for like 2.5 minutes. However, the Trombetta will not open if the coach battery is completely dead. As far as shore power and engine alternator charging, the converter/charger puts out 55 amps while the engine alternator puts out 80 amps. So the engine charges the batteries more quickly.
Under shore power, the power goes to the coach batteries first and then the chassis battery. The reverse when using the engine alternator.
correct,...but mine clicked when it hit 13.4, as I was standing there... it was at 13.1 for an hour....also, at the same time... the monitor reads higher than the meter on the battery direct

and also correct,... the shore power would not charge the battery's till I pre charged them with a separate charger...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.