Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Well if you only went up to the height of the AC unit on the roof I would think it MPG and areo loss be minimal. Perhaps a roof spoiler can off set any handling issues?

The A class Outlaw has a raised roof. Had you ever seen comments on handling or MPG? I never noticed any postings on this subject... but you bring up a good point.
Yes, plenty of poor handling reports on this forum alone. As with high performance and race cars, keeping center of gravity and pressure low is usually better.

Note on video of Cross Trek how high the garage floor is compared to typical European motorhome garages. I’m curious to inspect a Cross Trek in person to see what’s under the garage. Perhaps there is a great reason they could not lower it more in order to increase bed headroom.

The garage floor seems to come up high on lady, whereas many Euro motorme garages start just above knee height. Euro garages are often stepped down, whereas this one seems level with motorhome floor. I’m guessing it’s partly to avoid dragging rear of motorhome because of longer rear overhang.

I’m just glad Coachmen is taking a chance, and hope Thor follows with Hymer-like designs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37541EC4-86C5-4A9A-B6BD-1359D1D822AC.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	18815   Click image for larger version

Name:	59552270-7ACA-4417-94B2-B6D8A5FC5197.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	18817  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.