Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Garbage
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #107
Kmorris.75

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #13352
This thread’s content as it stands would leave any person who reads the original post and is either looking at RV’S or has just purchased a RV to wonder why their 100,000 or 400,0000 RV has left them wondering.

Is it normal that the RV they purchased was delivered with a number of problems some serious and to see if a year or two is normal to wait for a usable RV.

It doesn’t seem reasonable that if you walked into a dealer and you were told that for the price you are paying you should expect to have to deal with poor quality control and even though your chances of getting a good one is always possible, you should be on guard for any number of problems and disappointment. It’s just how we do it. We let the customers tell us about the problems and you will if lucky someday be able to go camping, that you would buy a RV ever. But that is what happens.

It’s also possible that a reader will be confused by the posts that say , well my RV is wonderful and your outlook on life needs a little sunshine and add a dose of insult to the injury of bringing home a problem RV. Especially if as one poster suggests that if slide out falls off on freeway with resulting catastrophe its minor compared to all the happy customers like me, and go on to brag about their own experience.

For those that feel problems are part of RV ownership and educated buyers know this.

Educated buyers wouldn’t buy an airplane known for problems even if it came with a parachute

Wouldn’t probably purchase a 125,000 car known for quality issues and ongoing service concerns.

For the cheerful folks please do some thoughtful research and discover what so many states attorney generals know - that the RV industry in the mainstream sells unsafe and poor quality units (if you sell a RV you own the responsibility for every nut and bolt no matter who supplied it)

The states feel their hands are tied as the RV industry as a leisure industry does not have the quality constraint imposed on regular vehicle manufactures.

When a poster has valid information and posts their concerns for others to consider you do yourself harm and others by offering your opinion that they must be mistaken. Either be silent or offer suggestions that will help. Authorities discount forums because of the lack of clear evidence.

Please do some real research and discover the true story of RV manufacture and if you don’t have any constructive help don’t post your opinion that the RV industry is fine, ‘just look at me, I love my RV.

If you have big money you can buy a very nice RV but not everyone is willing or able to these. The main stream RV industry has for years taken advantage and for those affected these kind of forums are important. That you personal experience it different isn’t helping at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum