Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
RichRob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
Instant hot water heater Vegas 24.1

You’re probably tired of this topic, and being a previous poster on the instant hot water heater, I am tired of hearing myself. But...I’ll have one more go about it. I have yet to have a good shower using the hot water heater as it is intended to be used. This is my second water heater (CW messed up the winterization), yet the problem of either all hot or or cold shower persist. Based on advise from forum and calling Girard, I have done the following:

Changed my water pressure valve to an adjustable one set between 45 & 50 PSI.
Set the thermostat to 105, water is warm, but water has little force with just hot water on (wife has trouble rinsing soap out of hair).
Turned the hot water 1/4 way, when hot turned up and added 1/4 way of cold water (turns completely cold)
Turned cold water 1/4 way first, then turned hot on full (Water never gets hot).
Ran with and without water filter at hose with no difference.

I called tech support at Girard, and they suggested lowering heat at thermostat, and running just hot water, but that seems wrong. How do you have a product that doesn’t run as designed? Like a real shower.

Any suggestions?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum