Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Need CHF Help!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:34 PM   #14
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
So here is where I am...

I sprayed PB Blaster on the stuck z-bracket and went ahead and completed the front CHF while letting it soak in. Gave it another spray and answered a few emails. Crawled my fat ass back under there and still nothing. That z-bracket just will NOT rotate at all. It looks like the bushing is somehow stuck or fused to something. It looks like things want to move, but the bushing is stuck. Hard to explain. Loosened the nut, put on a breaker bar...nothing. Tried hammering the bracket...nothing. Bottle jack...nothing. Now I cannot even get the dang press fit bolt out of that rear hole. Screw it...I put the nut back on and torqued it to 66.

Called the Ford Motorhome Assistance Center line and waiting for a call back from a technician. I wonder if this qualifies as a roadside assistance thing. Ha.

I may be calling a mobile tech to come help. I thought about removing the linkage and taking it to a shop to work on the bracket, but I do not have deep enough sockets to get it loose.
Others have reported that There are ridges on the bolt. If torqued to hard the ridges get stuck on the metal insert of the bushing. If true that's why it won't come out. It needs to be hit hard to push it out. Most likely you can't get the leverage while under the mh

Wish I was close to you. I'd bring my tools and we would get it done

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.