Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Foul weather RV'ing - for the newbies

There have been a few self proclaimed newbies that have joined the forum lately and in light of the weather that is pounding the east coast at the time I thought foul weather Rv'ing might be a good topic for the forum.

My suggestion is for those experienced one to provide one or two of there tips tricks and helpful hints (t=other than stay home where it is dry and warm) with the newbies. Heck maybe us old timers will learn and thing or two.

I have 2

First - arrive early so you can survey the site before pulling in. Three years ago I arrived at a campground after dark, set up and overnight, due to rain, my Class C sunk 4 inches into the mud on all four corners.

Second - when planning the trip plan for both indoor and outdoor activities. For instance if your primary goal is to go rafting and the rivers are flooded what is the alternate activity. It could be a museum or antique shopping (my wife plans these) or a winery/distillery tour. Nothing is more frustrating than planning a day at the beach and the weather turns to 45 degrees, rain and 20MPH winds.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum