Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #265
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
Two hours in and it is looking great. Front has dropped down to 73. That's 23 degrees in 2 hours. I'll have to mess with the air flow to get more cooling to the back. It's never cooled that well. Might be a little too good. Temp out of vent is 32 almost 31 degrees. I did check the coils and there wasn't anything freezing up. We leave Monday for 4 days. We will see how it does.
Just wanted to update my results. We have been camping the last three days. Today it was 91 degrees and 85% humidity outside. We have the thermostat set at 72. The coach has stayed consistently at 72-73 all day with the units cycling on and off. No more running all day long. Before the mods, both units would run all day trying to keep it cooled to about 75 and that was on an 85 degree day. I have checked multiple times and there hasn't been any icing or freeze up at all.

We are in a Miramar 37.1 with two A/C units already but we are 39 feet long. Honestly, only one unit runs at a time and keeps the entire rig cool. Funnier than crap, my wife has had a sweater on all day when she is in the coach.

Loving these cooling mods!!
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum