Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 AM   #270
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
FunMoney.....Wow, thats good to know. Do you have the Refective bubble in most (if not all) of your windows?

Were you parked in full shade?

Thats incredible.

We camped out last weekend. Had a little shade in the mornings and evenings only.

I set thermostate at 68 deg the first day and forgot about it. So from like Noon till 7pm the AC ran the entire time - then it would cycle at night.

I DIDNT put my refective bubble in the windows (but all window shades were pulled down). We maintain around 72 all day then when I went to bed it was down to 68 deg so I put the thermostat up to 72 so we didnt freeze and have some quiet.

I Perhaps I need to move my thermistor probe one more time to get my output temp down to 36/38 deg?? Esp. if your not freezing up. Im at like 42 deg right now but perhaps a few more degrees will let the AC to cycle more during the daytime? I guess it wouldnt hurt to leave it set at 72 deg to get it to cycle (68 is too cold but I was enjoying the cold air on the way to the campsite).

So let us know about your window being cover and the amount of shade you had please.

About how far from the bottom of the AC condensor is your probe sitting?
No bubble wrap. All the shades were open. We do have a windshield and front side window covers that go on the outside. They are Magneshade. They stop a lot of the sun coming in but allow you to see out still.

We do have mostly shade with some sun at our site. Thing is we had basically the same amount of shade when we were in Gulf Shores two months ago. It was only 85 degrees out and both airs ran all day never shutting off. I thought it was strange as I could hear the 5th wheel next to us come on and off.

I think with the units cycling on and off, that is really helping with the freezing issue. Also I have a different rig than yours so maybe we have more insulation?

I just measured on both A/C units. Both probes are about 4 1/2" from the bottom.

I am even thinking about trying one of those Whacko air conditioner silencers. I didn't want to get one because it replaced your stock inside A/C cover with a different one to quiet down the air. Only issue is it doesn't have the quick cooling direct vents. I haven't used those in the last three days so I may not need them now.

We are going camping again next week for four days at a different park. I will continue to keep an eye on everything but we are sure happy so far.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum