Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #77
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Last week my inexpensive air conditioning fix (from a couple of months ago) failed and I had to replace the motor. I found a direct fit replacement motor on Amazon for $116 bucks.

This is an easy enough repair. If you can get up on the roof, you can do the repair. Have your wife help with this as you'll need someone on the ground to toss up whatever tools you forgot and to watch in case you slid off the roof. Make sure she has the camera.

Remove the plastic cover from the air conditioning unit and you’ll see the motor which is held in place with 5 screws and a brace with another 2 screws. There are also 5-6 color coded wires that you will need to cut.

Remove the screws, clip the wires and the motor, squirrel fan and condenser fan will lift out. Mine had some corrosion around the shaft and the individual fans, so I soaked the areas with PB Blaster lubricating oil so they would slide off easier.

When the motor arrived, I moved the squirrel fan and condenser fan to the new motor and reinstalled it into the air conditioning unit. Not a tough job by any means and probably saved myself a bunch of cash.

Note: You'll have to wire the new motor to the wires you previously cut. Assuming you'll use wire-nuts in the process, use a zip-tie to secure the wires. I didn't, and I had to go back up as the wire-nuts were banging against the frame of the air conditioner. The noise was quite irritating, so back up I went.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum