Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrane2299 View Post
First post, signed up because this problem seems to be everywhere. I just bought a new motor, online, for my 22FE with a solera awning. It worked just slightly better than the one I took off. It would re-roll the awning, but only with a pull on the arms. While looking for additional info, I came across a post about using a power window motor from a mid 90's Chevrolet... I went to the local Advance auto and bought a Dorman part number 742-141... $33 out the door. I had to change the plug from the old motor... I soldered it, but a butt splice would work. It takes about 15 mins. to replace once the electrical plug is changed. It works! It is still slow, but it needs no assistance. I kept the new motor I paid $140 for to use as a spare if I needed it while on the road. I absolutely could not believe they used an old window motor for the awning... but they did! The new, 2015 and newer, motor is over $200. Mine is the newer, The replacement I bought was the old motor, I just added the 2 pin connector. It was much cheaper that way....... So, any of the three motors will work, $30 to +$200. The $30 worked better than the others.
Excellent info... thanks!

Might be too late but any chance you could post any pictures if you took them during the process?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum