Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #63
kprun

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Ohio
THOR #4541
There is a thread on the IRV2 forum that has been going on since 2012. I read the whole thing over the last month. I did the CHF on the front of my 2016 Ace 29.4 and it is a significant improvement. Last week we did over 900 miles round trip to Michigan and it was great. Drove most of the way with 1 hand on the steering wheel instead of the 2 handed white knuckle grip.
I don't have a lot of automotive experience but after reading that thread i was pretty sure I could do it so I went for it. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected and i got it done.
If you take some time and read the IRV2 thread you'll learn that there have been some naysayers in the beginning but there have been 100s and maybe thousands that have done it and there have been very few issues even after logging thousands of miles.
Many shops won't do it for you because they would rather sell you new sway bars and other items to improve performance. Many have had it done by Ford dealers.
If you're still unsure i recommend that you go to IRV2 and check in withTeJay.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum