Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #31
Bladerunner44

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by cladouce View Post
Hello, I have a 2018 24 HL Thor class c on a Mercesdez platform. The propane tank indicated 1/4 full and I was wondering when is the best time to fill it?

Wait till it's close to empty ? or does the MH have some safety features like turning of the generator if the propane is below 1/4 full and I should fill before empty?

Any Guidance would be helpfull.

We just returned from a 5 week RV tour of the Grand Circle route and all of the National Parks. Most of the campgrounds we stayed in were over 7000 ft.
I began having problems with my propane at those altitudes. The oven wouldn't light. The fride would not run on gas, and no gas hot water. At first it though gas system was empty, but that was not the case, i still had 1/3 tank of propane. There didn't seem to be enough pressure in the system at those altitudes to supply the gas appliances.(makes sense now Boyles law) I had the tank filled to tne max allowable pressure. Problem solved. The system will not push enough gas at altitude when 1/3 full. If you're camping at sea level 1/4 should be fine, but as you go up in altitude you'll need to keep the tank over 1/3 full. it was our first extended trip in our rv and I learned so much on this trip

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.