Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #53
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengoquin View Post
Just over a year old when the door latched broke and jammed. Big Sur, stuck outside in the rain, numerous hard pulls forced it open. I pulled it open and found a cheap piece of broken plastic piece jammed in the lock. Thor kissed it off as out of warranty, call Tri-Mark. Did so, "Tough luck, out of warranty, pay full price for the all steel version. I responded in kind, "Thank you, "Your lock and customer service, Sucks!" I later found out that Thor buys the complete door assembly from another company and they don't want to pay for the upgraded steel lock. The guy at the door company sent me a steel lock. This is a ridiculous problem and will probably have serious consequences someday. I sent a complaint to DOT, but never heard back. Maybe if more folks submitted complaints something might be resolved.
We DID replace with the STEEL version. Thought we were "safe"... Then, when camping last week, a plastic piece broke and luckily there was one of us in the coach and one of us outside so we could force the door open. But, since we were afraid the lock would trap us both outside, we used the dead bolt and drove home...

Put the old zinc version back in and ordered another STEEL version. TRIMARK said the one that broke was the "best" they had...

So this time I will put the old lock in storage as a backup to save having to drive home....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.