Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #4426
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You use a milk crate wedged(or sat on one of those foldable footstool) between the cover and the generator door to act as an air cushion and plug a 1500w $12 milk house heater into an exterior outlet. The heater and stool stores in the milk crate. Or use a green fiberglas landscape pole to lift the cover high enough to suit you. (I used a crate)
The milk crate lives on the ground under the generator.
It's a solid one minute to set up and another to dismantle.

I also had a handy dandy crane that attached to my ladder. It allowed me to get the cover on the roof by myself.
I can't exactly tell by the picture you posted, but a harbor freight $100 truck crane might fit on the eave of your house.....

I hated it all... Every second of wrestling that 200lb bear, determined to trip and engulf me, 12 ft off the ground, while blindly dodging the vents and solar and ac and antennas.

If you have anything sharp, corners on solar, a poking bolt, the winds in the first month will shred your cover. I had to make silicone(fifty percent type one silicone and fifty percent cornstarch. Mix well. It hardens to a shoe sole hardness) ) corners and caps for EVERYTHING. Luckily we owned a 33inch throat sail making singer. 10,000 stitches and fifteen sewn in pads later, it STILL tried to whoop me every time I covered/uncovered.
To get it on the roof I unrolled it by the ladder. Grabbed the front and pull it up with me. Once on top I pulled the rest of the cover up Yes it was a pain. Mainly because of the 85* heat pounding on my head. I put pool noodles on all sharp areas.. time will tell on longevity.Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.