Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
Sweetbriar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
Thanks to all. I am pretty happy now with the advice. For me... I will adjust pressures first starting with the base and then adjusting to the current conditions, altitude, temp, and road conditions which is also fed from the tire monitors. On my last 180 mile test trip, I got 10.6 mpg by adjusting pressures based on conditions and used a control on the left side which I went with base pressures. Sorry but that is all wet. If you can adjust on the fly you will be better off IMHO. 7 psi and about 8 degrees of temp. Of course I honor the side will info. The tire manufactures tables are great... but they are like the Weather Channel... they sell it.. As Steven Crowder says... "prove me wrong"

Cheers
You're traveling north on I15 thru southern Utah. Hot July day and the driver's side tires are at 10 psi high then the passenger side because of the afternoon sun on that side. Do you reduce the driver's side or increase the passenger side and adjust everything again at 3 AM?

You boondocked for a couple of days at Horseshoe Meadow Equestrian Camp Lone Pine, CA (10,000+ feet). Had a great time. Next stop in 305 miles is Pismo Beach at sea level. When do you adjust pressure for the altitude change and if so what do you adjust the pressure too? And do you adjust again at 3AM once everything cools down?

Spent a couple of day outside of Cleveland Ohio but now you're making a speed run to Charleston SC. A cold front moved in off the Lake overnight and it's 50 degrees. 6 hours later you hit the Shenandoah Valley and it's 70 degrees. What do you adjust the pressure too? 5 more hours down the road and Charleston SC is 90. What should the new pressure be? 3 AM it's below 60. Strange weather day. Do you adjust again?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.