Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:15 AM   #15
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I agree with you, but feel the poor utilization of the cab seats after swiveling back is by design — or lack of design.

The floor doesn’t have to have a 6- to 8-inch step/drop. In the Chateau 31Y pictured below, it can be seen that cab seats can be made part of living area. But the seats are not integral to the floorplan’s design in my opinion.

In European motorhomes, it’s almost a given that the front seats will swivel back and become part of the living/lounge area, and also double as part of dining area. Their designs have to be more efficient because motorhomes are so much smaller that every inch has to count.
That's why I prefaced it with "almost". I know they're are some class C models that felt really spacious, but they were huge! We wanted a smaller unit, one that could easily be driven through towns and easily parked. The 24.1 stood out against the others, at least in the gas engine models. There were some sweet Sprinter series that we loved, but even if we had decided to not overlook the diesel models, I still think our Vegas would have won for us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum