Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #39
SANDDOG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.2
State: California
THOR #14761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I can see your point but it does "seem" like its using more fuel efficent at a lower RPMs. If the engine is spinning faster, the intake and exhaust are sucking in and exhaling more so therefore more fuel being burnt? I dont know but it make sense.

But if you dont change your throttle positon (at Hi RPM or Low RPM) are you really using more or less fuel? Perhaps since its all computer controlled it will add more fuel as needed??

I dont know ... just a thought.... GMtech can answers these better than most of us.

I think as long as you dont bog down your engine (with an automatic it should not allow its self to "bog down" like my manual trans Jeep can) and it stays in a good torquey part of the power band I would think that would be more fuel efficient at a lower RPM.

Perhaps running at 100% peak torque at all time no matter what Rpm you will "win the race" to the finish line but be less fuel efficient??

But I think I would pick "comfort" (Less engine noise) and what I perceive as "easier on the engine" (AKA lower RPM) over MPG anytime.
I agree with you 100% FORD is a low torque motor and any gas motor last twice as long if you don’t tear into it rpm wise. I’m trying to find a solution for overshifting ON down hills when not needed the RVs are way too high. It sounds like five star or the other is the way to go. I love this thread
Miramar 2017 34.2, roadmaster front & rear sway bars, sumo shock, Roadmaster stabilizer bar, Koni shocks, F150 crewcab coyote motor , 2004 40th #26th edition 911, E350 2 door coupe, Mini Paceman 2013 6 speed manual toad/ RV
SANDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.