Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
johnnyboy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 18DT
State: Arizona
THOR #15957
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post

Is the valve leaking internally or externally? Are you certain its the valve that is leaking or a pex fitting? Do you have three male threaded ends on the valve or two male and one female? You might be able to find a brass 3 way valve to replace what you have, or it might be easier just to use a new 3 way valve with push on pex fittings and modify the existing pex piping for best re-assembly and fit. Good luck.
Oh, it's def the valve. Water drips out when closed and shoots out when open. I put some WaterWeld on it to stop the drip, so am not using the hot water heater for now.

There are 3 male threaded ends. Couldn't find anything to match it anywhere, retail or online. At Home Depot, the employee suggested a T with 3 water hose adapters. But when I got home, I realized the Pex lines had some sort of compression adapter on them, so they wouldn't screw on to the adapters.

I'll b needing hot water soon, so will look into your suggestion re: a 3 way fitting. Otherwise, I'll just reroute the lines with a turn-off valve.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum