Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: New RV Help
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:04 AM   #2
yukongrant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your new rig.
I found Ed Felker's Vegas/Axis manual (and this forum) as my best resources when I was picking up our new Compass this spring. The motorhomes are not the same - but the concepts are. You can find the latest version at https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiYx6DLSeiiPgYBSfmvPhwGsR_0TkQ
There's a Pre Delivery Inspection checklist that's outstanding (starting at page 22). I followed it. Took me about 4 hours to go through everything.
Check the mileage and age. If it needs it, get the oil changed. And pay special attention to the coach (house) batteries. Dealers don't maintain them very well. Mine looked good - but I should have put some load on them because they were garbage. Am now trying to get some compensation but am not sure.
I did not find the PDI stressful. Just take your time. Test everything. And make sure they fix things before you take possession. Once you drive it off the lot, you can get warranty work done - but it could take time to make an appointment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.