Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #32
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well..... I think I am giving up on the Rickson 17.5" Custom Wheels. I placed an order with Heather back in April and her and Dan could not give me a date other than to say "maybe" mid-July.

When I e-mailed Heather a couple weeks ago she said she had not heard anything about being able to make the 17.5" wheels and "no news is likely bad news." I also e-mailed Dan Richter and got no response from him at all.

I just e-mailed Heather again now that is mid-July and got an automated response back that says:

This is Heather from Rickson. Due to circumstances within Rickson Truck Wheels, which have proven far beyond my control and influence, I am no longer able to work for Rickson and am now pursuing new employment opportunities.

Please contact the company president/general manager, Dan Richter
for ALL inquires of any nature for the company.

So it sounds like things at Rickson are a bit of a mess. Even though I ordered 7 wheels to have a spare it would be a nightmare if you needed replacement wheels and they were the only ones who offered them.

So now I am moving ahead with Plan B. I have decided that I am either going to go with the Michelin Agilis commercial rated 225/75R16 120/121R

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...6ACC&tab=Sizes

Or the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT commercial rated 225/75R16 121R

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...tude-ht-c-type

I thought about trying a 235/85R16 120R. It would be a tight fit but I talked to someone on the forum who did it and said they will fit. The issue is they are not commercial rated (heavy loads all the time with sidewall reinforcement) and they drop more in load range with dual tires than the Michelin and Goodyear's.

Right now I have a coupon to get the Goodyear's at 20% off but I am waiting till the end of the month when Costco will likely start a sale on their Michelin Tires.

Just wanted to let you all know that if you were thinking of going with the Rickson 17.5" custom wheels, you are better off looking at one of the above tires. And it will also save you about $2500 - $3500 as well compared to going with the custom 17.5" wheels and tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum