Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #34
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post
FYI, the unladen (3/4 full of fuel) weight on the drive axle of my Outlaw 29H was 8260, and front was 4720, as measured when my rig was new, on a CAT scale at Loves.
Thanks for that info!

I've been wanting to get weighed at Love's too when I have the Spyder, full load of fuel, water, propane and gear. I'm going to try to do that next trip.

My Spyder dry weight is 1012lbs. If you are 8260 with nothing in the garage, I would be about 9300lbs with the Spyder loaded. Throw in the rest of the gear I carry in the rear and I probably right up against the max capacity of the stock tires.

Going to a 121/120 commercial tire would give me about 3800lbs more capacity than the stock tires and they will be designed for carrying heavy loads most of the time versus an LT tire and they will have a beefier sidewall..... but I am still going to be getting close to the 14,500 GVWR when I'm fully loaded.

I just like the idea of a tire designed to carry heavy weight more often than not to minimize blow-out chances as much as possible.

I'll sell my stock tires and that will help subsidize the new ones. I only have 5000 miles on them and they still look like new.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum