Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 08:18 PM   #1624
Hammer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #15881
Seat Height Modification

We purchased a 2018 Vegas 25.3 in June and the first thing I noticed is the front seats are too tall. I am right at 6' tall but even at my height, I began to have a lot of discomfort due to pressure on the back of my legs. After searching here and other sites, I found that many owners are purchasing more comfortable after market seats to address the seat comfort problem. I came up with a different and much less expensive solution by lowering the seat risers.

After a bit of searching, I found that RecPro carries the exact same swivel riser as the ones used in the Vegas/Axis line of vehicles, in different heights. They have the OEM 10" riser, a 7" riser and a 5.5" riser. I opted for the 7" riser and it turned out to be a perfect fit for both myself and the DW. Now when my feet are flat on the floor, my weight is being supported primarily by my gluteus maximus and not putting pressure on the back of my legs. Total investment with shipping was $198 and about 3 hours of work. Not an easy task but well worth the effort.

Bonus, I can now see the speedometer at any steering wheel tilt position.

Please note: Do your research and do this modification at your own risk. It is not a simple task.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4905.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	19073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4907.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	19074  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4912.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	19075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	19076  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.