Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:46 AM   #1
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
roof a/c engine a/c

So my last trip out the engine a/c didn't work just blows warm air so I followed the line from the compressor to condenser to evap and saw no leaks,the tag by the expansion valve says 2.9lb Freon so I hooked up my recycle machine and got 0lb 0oz pulled it down to full vaccum for 1 hr closed valves for 10min everything held so charged 2.9lbs liquid to high side and it works great also added 1oz of dye and the next day the rear roof a/c quit working but the blower works just the compressor not kicking in could be start capacitor or maybe low on Freon (not sure what it uses)
Got to my destination and put the blind down on front windshield and now wont go up I can hear the relays clicking so how or can the motor in these be replaced. and on top of all this my windshield got cracked.

The engine a/c i'm capable of repairing not sure on roof top unit
Any thoughts before I get into this?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum