Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #30
Dcowley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #11312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
I sat the other day with a "sundowner" and a couple of friends and we started talking tire pressures. I know what I have read, I have heard from the usual "experts" about inflation.

My situation, I have the monitoring system. I have got the proper weight of my typical load out. Right now in Arizona, it is bloody hot.

So... cold door pressures? Someone chime in who is not shooting from the hip.

Thanks
Rick
I have bought literally millions of dollars worth of tires in my life. It has been a business necessity to get maximum wear per 32nd from a tire for the last 45 years...it's an ongoing battle.

An RV is loaded all the time, keep that in mind. On the sidewall of every tire is a "Loaded max psi cold" number. Better wear and less blow outs if you follow the tire sidewall number and air them to max psi cold. 'Cold' basically mean sitting and not rolling for several hours.

The sidewall of the tire is where you need to get your information.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum