Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #32
Dcowley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #11312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaah, NO. We are not driving trucks here for hundreds of thousands of miles and rarely need to worry about wearing out MH tires before they age out. You COULD air your tires up to max cold pressure if you wanted your MH to ride like a Flintstonemobile on rock tires.

There's a reason the vehicle manufacturer has to put the tire inflation values on all motor vehicles and a reason tire manufacturers have inflation vs load charts for their tires.

What may have worked for you in your occupation doesn't really apply to motorhomes.
The man ask for data...I just gave him what the data renders not my opinion. [collecting and analyzing for years, a luxury most consumers never get.] I bought my first motor home in 1979 and owned one ever since. My experience is all I can give, and sidewall max cold psi, brews up the best wear, heat dissipation and ride.

Proper suspension parts will do more for a smooth ride than lower psi, which can very dangerous.

I know this is a tough tough topic and along the same lines of synthetic vs. dino oil, Koni vs. Bilstein etc, etc.....data however shows the tire manufacturer to have the edge here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum